Código 239
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

XL Biography

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vaz
Staff
Vaz

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-01-18

XL Biography Empty
PostSubject: XL Biography   XL Biography Empty6/9/2008, 03:46

Decorria o ano de 2000 quando um amigo vizinho meu comprou um gira-discos para se dedicar ao scratch (hoje já não está ligado á música) e desafiou-me para ser MC'. Começei a partir daí a escrever as minhas primeiras rimas, de fraco conteúdo e imaginação, debitadas num flow ainda monótono e básico. Tinha um longo caminho pela frente até ser um MC' minimamente «fat». Ouvi muito Rap, de todos os estilos, de todos os países e aprendi a separar o que era comercial e o que era Real, o que era uma rima fraca e o que era um poema. Continuei a praticar a escrita, escrevi muito lixo, gravei algumas maquetes para me «ver ao espelho», assim pude ver os meus defeitos e reduzi-los a metade.
Na escola secundária tive um grupo com o DJ Alfa, meu amigo de infância, e com outro MC'. Desse grupo apenas eu e Alfa continuámos ligados á música. Quatro anos passaram, e em 2004, com 4 anos de prática gravámos e lançámos o nosso EP «Génesis». Um EP de 5 faixas, das quais produzi instrumentalmente três e escrevi todas. Em 2005 fui convidado para actuar numa tour chamada «Portugal Hip-Hop Stars», fiz-me acompanhar com DJ Alfa para representar a Zona Centro em Pombal, Gaia e Viseu ao lado de MC's e DJ's de renome Nacional e Internacional como os franceses Explicit Samurai. No mesmo ano integrei Preachers Of Poetry, uma crew de três MC's com os meus primos Preacher e Bit Killa, gravámos um cd chamado «K-Cidade» onde me senti crescer como MC' fazendo cada vez mais textos bem estruturados e preenchidos com recursos estilísticos, procurando abordar temas interventivos que ainda não tivessem sido abordados.
Em 2006 gravei outro cd a solo chamado «Zona Centro» com participações do movimento Hip-Hop Leiriense: Cirudja, Dark, Friman, Preachers Of Poetry, DJ Alfa, Código Lusitano, AfroSkuad, Steryoo e Aliança Verbal.
Em 2008 apresento-vos o álbum SEM PRECONCEITOS.

It was the year 2000 when a neighbour friend of mine bought a record player to devote himself to scratch (today he is no longer connected to music) and defied me to be an MC’. From that moment on I started writing my first rhymes, of poor content and imagination, charged in a still monotonous and basic flow. I had a long way ahead of me until I became a slightly “fat” MC’. I heard a lot of Rap, from all styles, from every country and I learned to separate what was commercial from what was Real, what was a poor rhyme from what was a poem. I kept on practising the writing, I wrote a lot of garbage, I recorded some maquettes “to watch myself in the mirror”, that way I could see my flaws and reduce them to half.
At Secondary school I had a band with DJ Alfa, my childhood friend, and with another MC’. From that band only Alfa and I continued connected to music. Four years have passed, and in 2004, with 4 years of practice we recorded and edited our EP “Génesis”. A 5 track EP, 3 of which I have instrumentally produced and written all. In 2005 I was invited to perform on a tour called “Portugal Hip-Hop Stars”, I was accompanied by DJ Alfa to represent the Centre Area in Pombal, Gaia and Viseu side by side with first-rate national and international MC’s and DJ’s like the French Explicit Samurai. In the same year I integrated Preachers of Poetry, a three MC’s crew with my cousins Preacher and Bit Killa, we recorded a CD called “K-Cidade” where I felt myself growing as an MC’ writing more and more well-structured texts and filled with style resources, aiming to approach interventional issues which hadn’t been addressed yet.
In 2006 I recorded another solo CD called “Zona Centro” with the participation of Leiria’s Hip-Hop movement: Cirudja, Dark, Friman, Preachers of Poetry, DJ Alfa, Código Lusitano, AfroSkuad, Steryoo and Aliança Verbal.
In 2008 I present to you the album SEM PRECONCEITOS.

Todas as informações em:
www.XL.do.sapo.pt
Back to top Go down
http://www.datanull.blogspot.com

XL Biography
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Código 239 :: Hip Hop :: Zona Centro :: Leiria-
Jump to: